The Synod from the Catholic Bishops of England and Wales Conference
Please click here for the National Synthesis Document from the Catholic Bishops of England and Wales Conference.
Children’s Liturgy Group
We are delighted to be offering children’s Liturgy sessions again at our 11 o’clock mass each Sunday during term time.
If your child is of school age and happy to leave mum or dad to come and join our little group please collect a permission slip from Karen before mass.
If you are able to assist with our group by leading one session each half term please do shout out!
Confirmation and Bishop’s Visit
On September 23rd, Our Lady of Grace Church welcomed a number of young people and their families from across both parishes to celebrate the sacrament of Confirmation. Preparation took a more unusual format this year due to the Covid restrictions, but the catechists and young people worked hard to ensure that they were ready to receive the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
We were delighted to welcome Bishop Patrick to Cotgrave for this special occasion. Whilst here, he blessed the grotto dedicated to Our Lady, as well as the recently-built community room.
It was a wonderful evening of celebration, filled with hope for both our parish and the young people, as they navigate the journey towards a deeper relationship with God. Our prayers are with them.
Coming to Mass – Covid
Booking is no longer required. We still strongly advise face coverings to be worn at Mass and ask you to maintain a sensible distance from each other.
We are still mindful that the pandemic is not over and infection rates remain high. Please do not attend if you have tested positive or if you have signs or symptoms of Covid.
- Mass at Our Lady of Grace will last no more than 45 mins.
- Windows and doors will be open.
- Please bring a face covering as they are mandatory in places of worship.
- Please ensure that 2mts distancing is maintained at all times when moving around inside the Church.
- We now have a QR NHS code poster displayed in church if you have the NHS Contact tracing App you can scan the code with your phone.
For the latest from Our Lady of Grace, Cotgrave and Holy Spirit, please read our weekly newsletter.
Masses and other events are streamed from the Holy Spirit website:
- Sunday: Mass at 10.30 a.m.
- Monday: Mass at 9.15 a.m.
- Tuesday: Mass at 9.15 a.m., followed by Exposition until 10.30 a.m.
- Wednesday: Mass at 9.15 a.m.
- Thursday: Mass at 9.15 a.m.
- Friday: Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament at 6.30 p.m., followed by Benediction at 7.20 p.m. and Mass at 7.30 p.m.
- Saturday: Mass at 9.15 a.m.
Please send in your Mass Intentions to Catherine via email or telephone nor text Tel:07854 233172 on a Monday, Wednesday or Thursday. 9.30am-3pm.
Any Mass stipends should be posted through the Presbytery door, 29 Charnwood Grove, West Bridgford, NG2 7NT. Email: email@example.com
Click here for the Children’s Stations of the Cross, and click here for Cafod’s Children’s Liturgy.
Subscribe to our Facebook page for updates.
Cotgrave Community Response to the Coronavirus Pandemic
If you need help:
- Shopping for food and other essentials,
- Collecting prescriptions and other medications,
- Keeping in touch with our community
Please call 0115 969 9060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rushcliffe Community & Voluntary Service also needs volunteers too! Please phone or email us to become a volunteer for Cotgrave.
Prayer helps us during a crisis
- CAFOD Prayers for the Corona Virus Pandemic.
- The Catholic Bishops also have prayer resources.
- Maria Dabrowska, a parishioner at the Holy Spirit, also has a website of daily prayers and poems.
The Church of Our Lady of Grace was opened in 1990 to serve the needs of the parishioners of Cotgrave and the surrounding areas. We are a warm, active parish with a family atmosphere, look forward to welcoming you. Our sister church is Holy Spirit, West Bridgford.
Photographs of our 25th anniversary are shown on this post.